- Region: Toutes les régions
- Nom entreprise ou personne: Médecins Sans Frontières – MSF
- Type de contrat: CDD
Offre d’emploi à ONG Médecins Sans Frontières – MSF : HEALTH PROMOTER OFFICER
HEALTH PROMOTER OFFICER
Working locations: Bamenda, Cameroon
Type of contract: CDD
Salary: According to the organisation´s Salary Grid
Implement Health Promotion/IEC (Information, Education, Communication) activities with patients and local population to raise their knowledge and skills on relevant medical topics.
• Inform patients and communities about MSF and services it provides.
• According to medical priorities, deliver information to the patients and community on specific health topics
• Implement activities of health education and awareness (sessions in schools, churches, community), under the indications and supervision of the IECHP Activity Manager.
• Under the guide of IECHP Activity Manager, assess the impact of activities (with questions, verifications and behaviour observations), and report problems, success and constraints to him/her.
• Collect all type of information related to specific health and living conditions of the population, in particular to identify the most vulnerable populations to target.
• Supervision and support of Community Health Educators(CHEs).
• Report to IECHP Activity Manager: activities, problems met,strengths and constraints.
• Establish and maintain contacts with social partners, including other NGO’s, governmental health services that can provide answers to social problems.
• Keep education and communication areas clean, tidy, and professional materials available.
• Participate in creation of any material needed for the activities of information, education and communication.
· Essential Education level in social science, social communication, nurse or teaching
· Preferable 2 (two) years’ experience in teaching, nursing or social work, community mobilization.
· English and Pidgin English are essential.
· Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
· Competences: Commitment to MSF Principles, Behavioural Flexibility, Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Stress Management.
All applications (CV, cover letter, diplomas, working certificates, telephone number, etc.) must be sent by email to the following address: email@example.com mentioning on the subject: HEALTH PROMOTER OFFICER NW190101 or else be submitted at the Bamenda Office (Faith Building, Che Street, Ntarinkon, Bamenda) in a sealed envelop Ref: Recruitment HEALTH PROMOTER OFFICER for the attention of Doctors Without Borders.
Deadline for the reception of applications: Sunday 06th January 2019 at 16:00
NB: writing tests and interviews will be done in our offices after the selection of the applications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.