- Region: Toutes les régions
- Nom entreprise ou personne: UNFPA
- Type de contrat: CDI
Offre d’emploi à ONG UNFPA : Security Associate, United Nations sexual and reproductive health agency
UNFPA, the United Nations sexual and reproductive health agency
Job title: Security Associate
Vacancy Number: FPA/CMR/2019-01
Location: Yaoundé, Cameroon
Full/Part time: Full time
Duration: 1 year renewable
The Security Associate (SA) provides support to the Cameroon office country operations by performing a variety of security and administrative
services while ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Security Associate promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
He/She reports directly to the Representative. The SA works in close collaboration with the Regional Security Adviser (RSA), the International
Operations Manager, various Security Focal Points in other UN agencies in the country, as well as with the United Nations Department of Safety
and Security (UNDSS) Cameroon office, to coordinate tasks, request and share information, and to ensure pro-active, consistent, quality service
The SA will assist with the implementation of security plans and measures in the country, maintaining linkages and liaison with UNDSS in regard
to security measures, information, and events. He/She will support effective and efficient delivery of the security function at the country level
through security, administrative and logistical services.
Assisting with the implementation of security plans and measures in UNFPA Cameroon, maintaining linkages and liaison with other UN
agencies and UNDSS with regards to security measures, information and events, focusing on achievement of the following results:
– Establish and maintain relationship with UNDSS staff in Cameroon and as well as relevant support staff in New York,
– Support coordination of security related matters for the various sub offices,
– Liaise with all of the relevant actors with regards to information, current and contemporary events, which might affect UNFPA staff
safety and security and sharing of relevant information with Regional Security Adviser and the local UNDSS office,
– Assist with the effective functioning of emergency communication systems, warden system, updated staff lists, fire and
– Maintain and monitor safety and security incidents and security clearance reports.
Supporting the effective and efficient delivery of the security function in UNFPA Cameroon through security, administrative and logistical services:
– Contribute directly to the effective functioning of the security office, its communications, operations and maintenance of equipment.
– Follow up on tasks, deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of inputs to the reports
– Research, collect data and produce statistical reports on safety and security,
– Pro-active and effective logistic and administrative arrangements in support of the security functions.
Supporting knowledge building and knowledge sharing in UNFPA Cameroon, focusing on achievement of the following results:
– Master and share material on security methodology, advisories, specifications etc., as required and stay abreast of UN system
reforms related to safety and security.
– Disseminate and maintain UN and UNFPA safety and security directives/guidance and instructions, in consultation with the RSA.
– Assist in organizing and running safety and security training courses/sessions, briefing sessions and workshops.
– Carry out any other duties as may be required by UNFPA management.
Qualifications and Experience
Completed Secondary Level Education required (Baccalaureate, GCE A-Levels, High school diploma). A University Degree is desirable, but it is
not a requirement. Certification in administration and security fields desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
At least six years of relevant experience in security (military, gendarmerie or police contexts) at senior NCO, preferably officer’s level. Prior
experience with the UN system or an international Non-Governmental Organization is desirable. Experience in the usage of computers,
applications (e.g. Google Earth) and office software packages (Microsoft Office package i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, etc.).
Fluency in both French and English is required.
• Exemplifying integrity,
• Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
• Embracing cultural diversity,
• Embracing change.
• Enabling the safety and security of UNFPA personnel, assets and operations.
• Achieving results,
• Being accountable,
• Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
• Thinking analytically and strategically,
• Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
• Communicating for impact
Applications in French or English should be sent by email to email@example.com . The subject of the email must bear
the title of the position and sent no later than two (02) weeks after publication. The application must be complete and contain a cover
letter, a curriculum vitae, photocopies of diplomas and certificates, as well as the United Nations P11 form duly completed. All these
documents must be sent as one attachment in pdf format only.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment
process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm