- Region: Centre
- Ville: Yaoundé
- Nom entreprise ou personne: Ambassade des Etats-Unis – US Embassy
- Type de contrat: CDI
Job Opportunity at US Embassy – Ambassade des Etats Unis : Plumber – plombier
- Announcement Number: Yaounde-2019-03
- Hiring Agency: Embassy Yaounde
- Position Title: Plumber
- Open Period: 01/30/2019 – 02/13/2019
- Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+1
- Series/Grade: LE – 1210 4
- Salary: XAF FCFA6,279,741
- Promotion Potential: LE-4
- Duty Location(s): 1 Vacancy in Yaounde, CM
- For More Info:
(237)222201500 ext. 4006
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources (For USEFM – FS is FP-AA. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.)
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- • Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The U.S. Mission in Yaounde, Cameroon is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Plumber.
The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
- Travel Required:
- Not Required
Incumbent performs journeyman level plumbing work, including installation and preventive maintenance at the Embassy compound and all other U.S. Government properties in Yaounde and Douala. He/She works as scheduled in rotation basis as duty technician on 24 hours basis. The jobholder works under the direct supervision of the Electrical/Mechanical Supervisor and the work guidance of the Plumber Foreman.
Installs, maintains and repairs of irrigation systems, bathroom fixtures, kitchen sinks, water heaters, drainage pipes, water filters, water tanks, water pumps, water lines for washing machines, landscaping system, chiller water lines and pumps, fire suppression water lines, fire pump, irrigation system, water treatment and filtration system etc. Utilizes materials such as putty, packing plastic pipes, galvanized pipes, aluminum and copper pipes. Maintains and repairs toilets, toilet flushers, blockage of drain and sanitary lines. Repairs and maintains distillers (Plumbing section).
Identifies problems of leakages, blockages in water feed lines, drainage lines, sewage lines and septic tanks. Identifies repair parts needed and follow up to obtain parts and complete work. Responsible for safe and correct use of tools. Installs and repairs gas ranges, ensuring lines are functional and safe. Installs repairs and performs preventive maintenance on sewage system, fire suppression system, irrigation system, water distillers, water filters, hot water heaters, water tanks and pumps. Special attention to preventive maintenance on swimming pool equipment. 85%
Performs preventive maintenance on their workshop equipment. 15%
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: Two years of Journeyman plumbing work experience in a large institution or international organization is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Incumbent must be able to read and understand plumbing schematics on installation and repairs. He/She must have full journeyman
knowledge of established practices and procedures of the plumbing trade, and the knowledge of lead poisoning and special material conductivity.
- Education Requirements:
- Completion of Elementary school and four years plumbing study/training in a technical or vocational school or any recognized institution is required.
LANGUAGE: Level 1 (Rudimentary) English is required. (This will be tested.)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Incumbent must be able to safely use a variety of plumbing tools such as pipe threading machines, soft welding, etc.; diagnose plumbing problems quickly; and lift 50 pounds unassisted. He/She must have a valid driver’s license (category B) and must be capable to drive. (Skills and abilities may be tested.)
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Cameroon may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office. The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is also a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/downloads/files/definitions-for-va
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local Security Certification clearance.
To apply for this position, applicants should submit the documents listed below.
For more information on how to apply, visit the U.S. Embassy Yaounde internet site.
- Required Documents:
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application
• Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification or equivalent (if applicable)
• Residency Permit (if applicable)
• Copy of Passport or National ID
• Trade School Diploma or equivalent
• Driver’s License
• DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
• SF-50 (if applicable)
• List of references
- Next Steps:
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via telephone or email.
For further information: the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Cameroon.