- Region: Centre
- Ville: Yaounde
- Nom entreprise ou personne: Ambassade des Etats-Unis – US Embassy
- Type de contrat: CDI
Job Opportunity at US Embassy – Ambassade des Etats Unis : Electrician
- Announcement Number:
- Hiring Agency:
- Embassy Yaounde
- Position Title:
- Open Period:
- 02/13/2019 – 02/27/2019
- Vacancy Time Zone:
- LE – 1210 4
- XAF FCFA6,279,741
- Promotion Potential:
- Duty Location(s):
- For More Info:
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
All Interested Applicants / All Sources.
For USEFM – FS is FP-AA. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
Incumbent performs journeyman level electrical work, involving installation, maintenance and repair on all USG owned and leased properties at post.
Installs and maintains Automatic Voltage regulators, automatic transfer switches, Transient Voltage Surge Suppressors, Electrical Panels, Fire Alarm Systems, alarm systems appliances, electrical outlets, ceiling fans, air conditioners, water heaters, etc. in accordance with established trade practices and methods. Troubleshoots electrical problems in switchgear, electrical distribution panels and networks, Fire Alarm Systems, Fuel Oil transfer alarm systems, exterior lighting automatic controls, interior lighting automatic and manually controlled, electric motors of various sizes, direct drive exhaust fans, residential alarm systems to trouble shoot official residence and equipment, and repairs if necessary. Performs routine maintenance checks, adjustments and replaces security lights. Maintains all electrical shop tools and equipment, insuring they are in good working condition. Responsible for a clean work site upon completion of task. Performs repairs and PM on generators. Provides assistance to other crafts. Identifies required spare parts, gets vendor quotes, and enters into e-services the request, then follows through with complete procurement status. Follows US Standard safety practices and installation codes, is conversant in all required O&M Manuals, how to properly install electrical distribution panels, networks, can rebuild electrical motors, trouble shoots transformers, trouble shoot residential voltage regulators. Keeps a minimum of 4 months of required spare parts on hand in conjunction with Maintenance Supply. Bi Weekly walks the Maintenance Supply storage areas and familiarizes himself with what is available and what is not available. Knowledgeable in residential grounding and how to get to required OHM levels. Is knowledgeable in lightning suppression devices and applications. Installs new electrical conduit as required. Knowledgeable in Infra Red Scanning, AMP Testing devices, Power Quality Analyzers, Power Monitoring devices and also totally conversant in the monitoring of all Power Monitoring installed devices and applications. 100%
Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: Two years of Journeyman electrician work experience in a diplomatic mission, an international organization, or large local institution is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Incumbent must be able to read and understand electrical schematics and instruction manuals on installation and repairs of
equipment and appliances; and must have full journeyman knowledge of established practices and procedures of electrical trade. General electrical
knowledge of Generator is also required.
- Education Requirements:
- Completion of Elementary school plus a secondary school diploma (CAP or equivalent) in electrical studies from a technical/vocational school, or any accredited institution is required.
LANGUAGE: Level 1 (Rudimentary) speaking/reading/writing English is required. This will be tested.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Incumbent must be able to use all tools of trade such as meters, testing equipment, power tools and equipment; use all tools safely and be able to instruct staff in electrical procedures. Also incumbent must be able to evaluate materials used on jobs. Must have knowledge of mathematics as they apply to physics and electricity. This will be tested.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Yaounde, Cameroon may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link .
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Medical and Security Clearances from the U.S. Embassy.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
- Required Documents:
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Residency and/or Work Permit (if application)
- First School Leaving Certificate
- Vocational/Trade School Diploma
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Other Documents
- Next Steps:
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Yaounde, Cameroon.