- Region: Toutes les régions
- Nom entreprise ou personne: CITI
- Type de contrat: CDI
Job Opportunity at CITI : Country HR Officer – Cameroon
Country HR Officer – Cameroon
Primary Location: Cameroon,Littoral,Douala
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Function: Human Resources
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 19006128
The incumbent has to ensure that Citibank Cameroon achieves a competitive capability by providing the following services:
• Succession Planning
• Training and Development
• Compensation and Benefits
• Human Resource Policies and Procedures
• Employee Relations
• Performance Management
Within the framework of compliance and regulations as specified by the law and by the corporation.
• Development of an HR strategy, for the delivery of required services that reflects local responsiveness whilst maintaining international standards.
• Development of policies and procedures for Cameroon in order to implement adopted strategies and ensure observance, as well as regular updating to ensure compliance with changing corporate and regulatory environments.
• Maintenance of working contacts with all business units and managers across the company in order to provide support on the people dimension of the business and enhancing the role of HR to change from service provider to business partner.
• Maintenance of working contacts with HR entities abroad, ensuring local policies comply with global guidelines and requirements.
• To ensure good relationship with local Labor Authorities and partners
• Monitoring of delivery within Human Resources, providing guidance and counselling for individual development and career progression.
• To ensure that the business derives maximum value from the deployment of human resources by ensuring the selection, development, progression, reward and relations between the Bank and staff are maintained to required standards.
• To develop and continually update the staffing plan through discussion and interaction with unit heads to ensure optimum number of staff at all times as well as a balanced staff diversity ratio.
• To link pay to performance using corporate tools (annual reviews, talent inventory reviews, goals setting) and creating a clear relationship to outcomes of compensation, progression or separation.
• To manage the recruitment and separation process to ensure that (a) the Bank continues to attract the right caliber of staff at the right time into the right job, (b) the Bank separates with those staff who are unable to meet the required standards or whose skills are misaligned to the changing needs of the organization.
• To contribute to maintain a good social climate by proposing an adequate and achievable VOE action plan, by monitoring it implementation as well as ensuring feedback is provided to staff at least quarterly.
• To ensure an effective and smooth VOE process by well coordinating all the preparation groundwork, by effectively managing the communication around the process and ensuring the maximum completion rate is achieved.
• To develop together with the unit heads the country’s annual training plan in line with the skill gaps identified and/or the skills staff need to acquire in order to meet changing business needs.
• To manage the implementation of the training plan.
• To ensure maintenance of accurate and timely records.
• To plan, justify, obtain approvals, and account for all provision for staff payments (PSP) budgets and managed them within the allocated budget.
• To manage the growth, development, performance and reward of member of staff in the human resource department as well as manage the department’s operations within the corporate and statutory controls.
• To develop and manage, with the support of the unit heads, an effective staff communication strategy with clearly designated responsibility between HR and units for the various communication tools and channels.
• To conduct annual salary surveys to ensure external and internal equity in terms of compensation and benefits structure.
• To negotiate with service unit providers on provision of outsource services e.g. medical and payroll providers and to ensure that good quality of services is delivered and that staff gain maximum benefit from all outsourced services.
• To ensure staff salaries and benefits are paid/processed accurately and on timely basis in line with policy.
• To manage accurately the end of year review and compensation process and avoid occurrence of any issue.
• To master Risks and Controls processes and requirements so as to minimise the company risks associated to HR function.
• Revenues: Actively support the Business to achieve revenue objective
• Assets: Effective monitoring over all Banks’ assets to prevent loss to the Business.
• Expenses: Actively support the Business to achieve expense objective via effective monitoring and regular reporting of expense numbers against targets. Management of PSP expenses within acceptable levels. Managing TIR levels to match cost expectations. Managing headcount to ensure compliance with country plans and any restrictions placed on the country by the regional office.
• Headcount: Responsible for optimal utilization of approved headcount to meet goals and also for the recruitment, appraisal, training, development, motivation and goal setting of direct reports. Also responsible for devising and effecting a succession plan.
• Employer of choice – Best place to work
The job will expose the candidate to:
• Develop and understanding of the overall internal and external processes and regulations governing the Franchise
• Exposure to both internal, external and Regulatory audits
• Manage and motivate diverse teams
• At least 5 years of responsible work experience in human resource function of a large and dynamic multi-national
• Bachelor /Master degree
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong planning, organization skills and follow –through skills
• Capability of working in a diverse and dynamic environment
• Ability to interact with all levels of staff and management
• Citigroup policies
• Internally: Ability to influence the regional business heads and the matrix organization
• Externally: Ability to influence regulators
• Local Compensation practices knowledge
• Strategic planning and implementation
• Team building
• HR planning and motivation
• Strong leadership and people management skills.
• Strong leadership and people management skills.
• Ability to handle pressure
• Meet goals and deadlines
• Process and compliance focus
• Demonstrated support to senior managers
• Mentoring/coaching staff
• Develop and maintain team spirit and loyalty in franchise
• Presentation skills
• Interpersonal relationships
• Management of diversity
• Execution driven
• University / college degree.
• Strong interpersonal and management skills are essential.
• A pro-active decision maker who has the ability to lead initiatives to successful conclusion.
• Displays clear accountability and ownership of issues and who has strong leadership capabilities.
• The ability to accept extremely high levels of responsibility and accountability
• High level of loyalty, honesty, integrity, and the ability to work equally well alone and as part of a team
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer