- Region: Sud-Ouest
- Ville: Bamenda
- Nom entreprise ou personne: Conseil Norvégien des Réfugiés – CNR – Norwegian Refugee Council – NRC
- Type de contrat: CDD
Offre d’emploi à ONG Conseil Norvégien des Réfugiés – CNR – Norwegian Refugee Council – NRC : EMERGENCY ASSISTANT based in Bamenda( National Only) – Cameroon
The incumbent is expected to assist in the Emergency Response activities in the North West and south West Region including assessments and emergency programme implementation.
– Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines;
– Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action;
– To provide detailed reports to the supervisor and program team indicating progress against objectives and critical bottlenecks for all emergency activities;
– He/she will also prepare and develop status reports as required by management and ensure proper documentation of activities and reports;
– Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function;
– Assist in the verification of NFI’s and that distribution of materials and equipment are timely and accordance with the procedures;
– Coordinate, involve and inform communities and community leaders about the activities;
– Investigate and facilitate introduction of new technology, method and approaches in order to improve the quality of the activities;
– Provide situation analysis, identify gaps and protection needs, and make proposals/concept notes within the framework of NRC’s core activities, taking into account the specific needs of the affected population on site and/or in host communities;
– In collaboration with other humanitarian stakeholders, develop and ensure that the relevant assistance is provided and suited to the humanitarian context;
– Assist programs identify staffing needs required for the implementation of activities.
– Fluency in English, both oral and written. Other languages an asset;
– Proven practical experience in the planning and execution of emergency activities for at least 2 years’ experience in a humanitarian and development programme preferably with an INGO;
– Experience of working with partners e.g. Local NGOs;
– Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
– Experience in report writing;
– Proven record of management and leadership skills and the ability to achieve results and meet objectives in an emergency setting;
– Proven capacities in team building;
– Proven experience in assessing, reporting, and monitoring activities in emergencies;
– Ability to work with little infrastructure.
– Knowledge of South-West and North-West regions use, habit and local language;
– Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision;
– Highest standard of ethics and integrity and respect for others;
– Ability to work in insecure environments;
– communicating with respect;
– Excellent written and oral communication skills.
– Beginning: December 2018
– Duration of the contract: Fixed term contract, 7 months with possibility of renewal according to the financing
– Salary / Benefits: According to the NRC Salary Policy.
– Duty station: North West and South West region based in Bamenda, Cameroon with 75% of field trips
Click on the link to apply .