- Region: Centre
- Ville: Yaoundé
- Nom entreprise ou personne: Ambassade des Etats-Unis – US Embassy
- Type de contrat: CDI
Offre d’emploi à Ambassade des Etats-Unis – US Embassy : Public Health Administrative Management Specialist (Cooperative Agreements/Finance)
Announcement Number: Yaounde – 2019 – 13T
Hiring Agency: Embassy Yaounde
Position Title: Public Health Administrative Management Specialist (Cooperative Agreements/Finance)
Open Period: 04/05/2019 – 04/11/2019 Format MM/DD/YYYY
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+1
Series/Grade: LE – 0540 10
Salary: XAF FCFA19,181,721
Work Schedule: Full-time –
Promotion Potential: LE-11
Promotion Potential Explanation: Selected candidate will be promoted to grade 11 after one year of successful performance at the training level grade.
Duty Location(s): 1 in Yaounde, CM
Telework Eligible: No
For More Info:
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
• Current Employees of the Mission – All Agencies and/or U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs); Eligible Family Members (EFMs); or Declared Members of Household (MOHs) – All Agencies
• For USEFM – FS is FP-05T. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- • Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week).
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
Basic Function of the Position – Under the general supervision of the Deputy Director for Management and Operations, incumbent serves as the team lead for Cooperative Agreements and Finance, providing leadership, coordination, and management oversight of extramural activities funded by HHS cooperative agreements and is the program administrative lead for all assistance related activities. Job holder’s core function includes responsibility for ensuring that the programs established under the implementing agreements are in compliance with applicable standards, regulations, guidelines and reporting timelines. Job holder is a senior specialist responsible for oversight at the post level of the administrative aspects of the agency’s cooperative agreements and finance portfolio. Position supervises two (2) Cooperative Agreements Specialists.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: Five years of progressively responsible finance/grants administrative management experience in a public health field or a health-related international development organization that incudes administrative management of acquisitions, grants, contracts or cooperative agreement documentation and reporting, files management and exposure to external clients is required. Experience in long term planning and objectives, oversight of budgets and managing projects.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: The job holder must have a broad and in-depth knowledge of the CDC/HHS financial and cooperative agreement laws and regulations. The position requires an in-depth understanding of the structure and functions of CDC-Cameroon, including a detailed knowledge of CDC’s role and function in support of the President’s Emergency Plan for Aids Relief (PEPFAR); CDC and USG policies, guidelines and procedures for administration of cooperative agreements; and intra-agency procedures for coordination with CDC Atlanta and the American Mission in Cameroon. The job holder must have a thorough knowledge of CDC and USG policies and policies relaing to budgetng, accounting, and appropriation. The job holder must also have a detailed knowledge of the host country operational environment, including a detailed knowledge of the structure and operations of the MOH and the environment for health care delivery issues commonly encountered in the implementation of HIV care, treatment, and prevention activities at the national, regional, district and community levels in Cameroon. A detailed knowledge of overall management principles, guidelines and procedures related to the administration of cooperative agreements, as well as related audit and accounting requirements, is required. Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and standards and knowledge of US Government auditing standards is also required.
- Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or host country equivalent in public administration, business administration, management, accounting, banking or finance is required.
LANGUAGE: Level III (Good Working Knowledge) speaking/reading/writing of French is required. Level III (Good Working Knowledge) speaking/reading/writing of English is required. This may be tested.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Incumbent must be able to work independently to assess inconsistencies in complex financial data and to collaborate with technical staff in preparation of budgets for technical projects. The job holder must have excellent analytical skills and be highly innovative to achieve greater financial and operational efficiency. Incumbent must be able to resolve budgetary timing issues relative to USG federal fiscal year. Incumbent must possess advanced personal computer skills with experience using word processing and spreadsheets, especially Microsoft Excel. Incumbent must have intermediate level experience in data analysis and data entry and keyboarding. This may be tested.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Yaounde, Cameroon may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link .
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold an Embassy security clearance after selection.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
- Required Documents:
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Current Resume
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- List of references
- Next Steps:
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Yaounde, Cameroon.