- Region: Centre
- Ville: Yaounde
- Nom entreprise ou personne: Ambassade des Etats-Unis – US Embassy
- Type de contrat: CDI
Job Opportunity at US Embassy – Ambassade des Etats Unis : Janitor
- Announcement Number:
- Hiring Agency:
- Embassy Yaounde
- Position Title:
- Open Period:
- 02/12/2019 – 02/26/2019
- Vacancy Time Zone:
- LE – 1305 1
- XAF FCFA4,112,355
- Promotion Potential:
- Duty Location(s):
- For More Info:
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
All Interested Applicants / All Sources.
For USEFM – FS is FP-DD. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week).
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
Performs janitorial work at the Embassy and all official residences.
Cleans Embassy and related buildings. Clean windows, floors of offices, corridors and other assigned areas and stairs ways by washing, sweeping, moping, waxing and polishing. Dusts, waxes and polishes office furniture. Empties waste baskets and ashtrays. Vacuums and shampoos the carpets. Cleans restrooms; disinfecting and deodorizing lavatories, commodes and other restroom fixtures. Cleans kitchenette areas, water coolers, water distillers, refrigerators, air conditioner filters and drinking water containers. Cleans window blind and grill, and removes the cobwebs. Cleans area outside buildings sidewalks and parking lots. Fills water bottles with distilled water for Embassy and delivers to water fountains. Cleans residences for make-ready prior to arrival of new occupant: including yard work as appropriate. Cleans the garden and surroundings at the vacant houses and TDY apartment. Trims and treat plants and flowers at Embassy compound. Cut grass, grow flowers, maintain the flowers pots and lawns. Checks and changes cartridge filters for water system. Prepares hospitality kits and updates inventory. Sets traps for mouse and may help employees as requested to carry boxes or equipment. Detail cleaning of the interior of Embassy official vehicles. Performs insecticide spraying at the residences for the integrated pest management program at post. Assist the Janitor Supervisor in the absence of the housekeeping supervisor. 100%
Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: Two years of janitorial work experience in a diplomatic mission, an international organization, large local institution or as a contractor is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must know proper cleaning methods and be able to properly utilize a full range of cleaning equipment and products.
- Education Requirements:
- Completion of Elementary School is required.
LANGUAGE: Level 1 (Rudimentary) speaking/reading English is required. This will be tested.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be able to utilize full range of cleaning equipment and products. This will be tested.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Yaounde, Cameroon may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link .
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Medical and Security clearances from the U.S. Embassy.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
- Required Documents:
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Diploma (First School Leaving Certificate)
- Residency and/or Work Permit (if applicable)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Other Documents
- Next Steps:
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Yaounde, Cameroon.