- Region: Centre
- Ville: Yaounde
- Nom entreprise ou personne: Ambassade des Etats-Unis – US Embassy
- Type de contrat: CDI
Job Opportunity at US Embassy – Ambassade des Etats Unis : Distribution Clerk
- Announcement Number: Yaounde – 2019 – 02
- Hiring Agency: Embassy Yaounde
- Position Title: Distribution Clerk
- Open Period: 01/29/2019 – 02/12/2019 Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+1
- Series/Grade: LE – 6002 4
- Salary: XAF FCFA6,279,741
- Promotion Potential: LE-4
- Duty Location(s): 1 in Yaounde, CM
- For More Info: HR Section 000-000-0000 email@example.com
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
• All Interested Applicants / All Sources
For USEFM – FS is FP-AA. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- • Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period.
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
1. Manages PAS printing and reproduction operation to produce and edit photographic and video content and materials which are published by PAS staff. Incumbent operates various printers, digital scanner and computerized electronic printing presses, which have the capability to print various colors, photographs and drawings. He is in charge of two Canon 6000 printers and operates a HP digital sender. This function includes being responsible for printing various displays and posters which are used primarily for PAS programming events, and various other post produced materials including invitations for program events. Incumbent also assists the PAS staff with printing or packaging of the following publications: Electronic journal, English Teaching Forum. He helps sections with labels, printing for various conferences, seminars workshops. He prints, reformats the IIP daily product for distribution to media and contacts. 70%
2. Responsible for the collating, stapling and packaging of IIP daily products; labels, sorts, and franks outgoing distribution materials and delivers them to the post office; maintaining file of incoming newspapers. 20%
3. Assists with PAS programming events such as video conferences, telephone conferences, PowerPoint presentations. Performs any other assigned duties required to meet the needs of the section, for example; backing up the IRC Clerk; and maintaining the section’s archives. Performs other duties upon request by the Front Office or other missions sections.
The incumbent will distribute newspapers to subscribers within the embassy, and also assist in the preparation of the electronic daily summaries of news and social media content for the Public Affairs team. The individual will also serve as the back-up to the Audio-Visual Technician and Social Media Manager. 10%
Incumbent performs all other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EXPERIENCE: At least one year work or non-work experience organizing and distributing physical and electronic publications, creating graphic/creative arts, photography, video editing, and active social media use is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must be able to read or listen to media reports and provide written and oral summaries, in timely manner. The individual should be able to create professional publications (flyers, graphics, signs, banners, etc) to be used by the Public Affairs Section. He/She must have basic audio/visual and computer skills (such as but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Adobe) and active skills in using social media platforms. Incumbent must be able to operate printing and duplicating equipment.
- Education Requirements:
- A GCE ‘O’ level (Middle School), or BEPC, or equivalent diploma is required.
LANGUAGE: Level III (Good Working Knowledge) speaking/reading/writing English and level II (Basic Knowledge) speaking/reading French are required. This may be tested.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Incumbent must have basic level technical knowledge of graphic design, video editing, photography, and publication for physical or electronic products and their distribution. This may be tested.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission in Cameroon provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Yaounde, Cameroon may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link .
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a security clearance from the Embassy after selection.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
- Required Documents:
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Residency Permit
- Diplomas or Degrees
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Letter(s) of recommendation
- List of references
- Next Steps:
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Yaounde, Cameroon.