- Region: Nord-Ouest
- Ville: Bamenda
- Nom entreprise ou personne: Plan International Cameroon
- Type de contrat: CDD
Offre d’emploi à ONG Plan International Cameroon : M&E Assistant – NFI Distribution – IRISH AID
Location: Bamenda, NW, CM
Company: Plan International
Plan International Cameroon is a Child Centered Community Development Organization with no religious, political or governmental affiliation working in Cameroon since 1996. Plan International is a children’s organization with primary concerns on children’s rights, safety and well-being and has in its interest to create safe environments for children with more attention paid to child protection. All employees are therefore expected to comply with our Child Protection Policy. Plan International also promotes equal opportunity employment and pays special consideration to female candidates.
Plan International Cameroon is currently advertising for the position of 01 M&E Assistant – NFI Distribution based in Bamenda.
This is a local position.
Given the current humanitarian crisis in the North West Region of Cameroon, Plan International is engaged in providing life-saving humanitarian assistance, protection, education and psychosocial support. Its operations are implemented in key sectors of Child Protection, Education, WASH, NFIs, Livelihood and Food Assistance and in coordination with all other humanitarian institutions.
Dimensions of the Role
This position is responsible for information management and monitoring and evaluation for a three month NFI distribution project in the North West Region. S/he will work closely with the NFI Coordinator and other Emergency Response Team members to ensure the most ulnerable populations in the target area receive household kits. S/he shall be charged with organizaing partners for data collection and defining and executing data editing and corrections, creating/accessing database to produce summaries and reports, developing forms, documentation of procedures. The M&E Assistant will be based at the Plan International Cameroon PU office in Bamenda.
- Provide technical support to the CPiE Coordinator and other project staff for the implementation of project activities;
- Follow the implementation of activities and ensure that the information/data collection is made in accordance with the project specifications, guideline of donors and in accordance with the strategic guidelines and Plan International Cameroon programmatic standards;
- Ensure quality control of data and information collected, through the development and/or review of tools for the data collection in accordance of the logical frameworks of the projects, the quality assurance system of Plan International.
- Organize/supervise the data collection, their processing and analysis of data in the context of monitoring the indicators of the project;
- Train local Plan staff, members of the local organizations partners to the use of data collection tools;
1. Information and Co-ordination
- Provide regular weekly/monthly updates on data collected as per the indicator of the projects
- Ensure the existence of a data base of information collected throughout the project
2. Human Resources and Administration
- Participate in all the trainings planned for the project
Key Internal Contacts
Emergency Response Manager, CPiE Coordinator CPiE Specialist, ICT department, M&E Assistant, other members of the emergency response team and plan staff at the PU and country as appropriate
key external contacts
Other agencies and state organization
Reports to the CPiE Coordinator, NW
Dealing with Problems:
· Maintain neutrality to the on-going crisis.
· Excellent and creative leadership skills will be utilized to properly implement the activities, in accordance
with the standards, p rinciples and with possible resistance from colleagues as is often the case in
emergency response work
· S/he should work under pressure and accept travels and stays in areas often austere .
Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
· Keeps and maintain high contact with children, their families and communities
· Maintains a high contact with other partners at the Divisional Delegation of Health, Social Affairs,
Ministry of Women Empowerment and the Family, Basic Education, networks and other organizations.
· Maintains high contact with local partners.
Essential Technical Expertise
· Education Required: GCE A/ Level or its equivalent. Minimum Related Experience Level Required 1-2 years experience
Additional Education and/or Experience Essential to the Position
· Must understand the importance of data processing to the study goals
· Have solid experience in the conduct of qualitative and quantitative investigation;
Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology
· Has knowledge on data processing, and computer programming.
· Have a practical and relevant experience in the interventions in emergency contexts;
· Have a good editorial capacity (capacity of drafting of reports);
· Know how to use the computer and master standard software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint…);
· Good knowledge and understanding of humanitarian principles and established international child protection standards;
· People Skills: Ability to work independently and as a team player who demonstrates leadership and is able to support and train
local staff and also able to work with displaced persons and communities in a sensitive and participatory manner..
· Fluency in English and French
· Empathy on issue affecting children rights and equality for girls
· Good planning and organizational abilities
· Team work
Plan International’s Values in Practice
We are open and accountable
1. Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
2. Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
3. Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
4. Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
5. Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organisation for all children, girls & young people
We strive for lasting impact
1. Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
2. Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
3. Focuses resources to drive change and maximise long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
4. Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
We work well together
1. Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
2. Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
3. Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
4. Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
We are inclusive and empowering
5. Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
6. Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
7. Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
8. Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
· Work both at the office and in the field
· Ability to work under pressure and in remote areas
· Frequent field visits: The Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant will spend at least 60% of his/her time on the field in the context of the
implementation of M&E activities
· Periods of intense work at all times of day and night.
· Working in multiple locations and on the move.
Level of contact with children
Low contact: No contact or very low frequency of interaction
To apply for this job, kindly click on “Apply “. Your application should include:
A Covering letter
A Comprehensive CV including details of three referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent supervisor
Location: Bamenda, NW
Closing date: 15/02/2019
Plan international operates in an equal opportunity environment and actively encourage diversity. Only applications received in French or English will be treated and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that if a suitable candidate is found earlier than the closing date, we reserve the right to hire the candidate before the vacancy has completed the advertising period. Early submissions are therefore recommended.