Les recrutements au Cameroun sont gratuits, prenez garde si des frais vous sont demandés et n'envoyez jamais de l'argent par transfert électronique (MOMO ou OM)
UNICEF is hiring a Nutrition Officer, (NO-2), Yaoundé, Cameroon #110786, Temporary Appointment (364 days), Cameronian only
Job Number: 525572
Locations: Africa: Cameroon
Work Type : Temporary Appointment
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, good nutrition
The purpose of this job is to reinforce the capacity of the Inter-Ministerial Committee to fight malnutrition and support the committee in putting in place a strong multi-sectoral nutrition system that allows the delivery of both nutrition-specific and nutrition-sensitive interventions.
The specific objectives of the job are as follows:
– Provide technical assistance to the Inter-Ministerial Committee to fight malnutrition and facilitate the finalization of a national multi-sectoral implementation plan to reduce malnutrition
– Act as a technical advisor to the chair of the Inter-Ministerial Committee to fight malnutrition
– Provide strategic guidance to the committee to monitor and coordinate all nutrition interventions at national and decentralized levels.
Impact of Results:
– The effective functioning of Inter-Ministerial Committee to fight malnutrition;
– The relevant follow up of the nutrition interventions carrying out in the field by different sectors
– The better coordination of the nutrition activities carrying out by all the sectors;
– The improvement of mothers and child nutritional status.
Major duties and responsibilities
Provide technical assistance to the Inter-Ministerial Committee to fight malnutrition and facilitate the finalization of a national multi-sectoral implementation plan to reduce malnutrition
– Support the Inter-Ministerial Committee to fight malnutrition to finalize the national multi-sectoral implementation plan to reduce malnutrition and its budgeting.
– Support the committee to produce other strategic documents on nutrition
– Produce monthly reports that give an update of the activities of the committee
Act as a technical advisor to the Inter-Ministerial Committee to fight malnutrition and its chair
– Support the chair of the Inter-Ministerial Committee in developing a clear TOR for the committee
– Support the chair of the Inter-Ministerial Committee to organize, on a monthly basis, planning, meetings with stakeholders from all the sectors involved in nutrition
– Update the committee of any recent developments in nutrition
– Perform other related tasks as required
Provide strategic guidance to the committee to monitor and coordinate nutrition activities at national and decentralized levels.
– Support the Inter-Ministerial Committee to implement the national multi-sectoral implementation plan to reduce malnutrition at both national and district levels
– Support the identification and development of mechanisms that allow ongoing monitoring and coordination of nutrition policy, plans and interventions
Perform other related tasks as required.
Qualifications or specialized knowledge/experience/competencies required for the assignment
Education: Advanced university degree in Nutrition, Public Health Nutrition, Epidemiology or any other relevant field
Work experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in the design and management of nutrition programs
Languages: French written and oral fluency, with a good knowledge of English
Competencies: Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; Strong analytical skills Sound judgement and initiative; Strong communication and writing skills.
Core values: Commitment, Integrity, Diversity and inclusion
Core competencies: Communication (II), Working with people (I), Drive for results (I)
Functional Competencies: Formulating strategies and concepts (I), Analyzing (II), Applying technical expertise ((II), Learning and researching (II), Planning and organizing (II)
Technical knowledge: Strong knowledge on Nutrition intervention, Multisectoriality and Coordination in nutrition, Design and management of nutrition programs.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The competencies required for this post are….
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Opening Date Thu Aug 08 2019 19:40:00 GMT+0100 (heure normale d’Afrique de l’Ouest) W. Central Africa Standard Time
Closing Date Wed Aug 21 2019 23:55:00 GMT+0100 (heure normale d’Afrique de l’Ouest)