- Region: Toutes les régions
- Nom entreprise ou personne: UNICEF
- Type de contrat: CDD
Offre d’emploi à ONG UNICEF : Programme Associate (GS6), Yaounde, Cameroon, Temporary appointment (6months), #108252, only for Cameroonian nationals
Job Number: 517622
Locations: Africa: Cameroon
Work Type : Temporary Appointment
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, [insert tagline]
[Include information about the country/specific programme. Ideally include a link to a video]
How can you make a difference?
Support to programme development, planning and execution:
-Researches, analyzes, verifies, synthesizes and compiles qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers, and presentations.
-Drafts project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
-Carries out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs), and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
-Monitors and tracks the efficient distribution of supplies that are required for effective programme delivery.
-Manage section’s correspondences
Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results:
-Prepares monitoring and reporting information for supervisor on agreed performance indicators to drive more efficient management and accountability for results.
-Monitors budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision/follow up.
Support in resource mobilization:
– Researches, analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes data and information in support of preparing reports pertaining to donors (both current and potential).
– Researches, analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes data and information to assist in the preparation of periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors to support the office in optimizing use of programme funds.
– Carries out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants for his/her section such as registering grant allotments and tracking expiring programme grants
Support in knowledge management and capacity building:
– Researches, analyzes, verifies and synthesizes information on best practices and lessons learnt to support knowledge development and capacity building
– Supports capacity development activities related to performance monitoring, programme development, and related internal UNICEF systems/tools by preparing training materials and participating on exercises pertaining to program processes and procedures which aim to build capacity of stakeholders
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related
A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required
Fluency in French and working knowledge of English
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The competencies required for this post are….
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Opening Date Mon Nov 05 2018 00:00:00 GMT+0100 (West Africa Standard Time) W. Central Africa Standard Time
Closing Date Sun Nov 11 2018 23:55:00 GMT+0100 (West Africa Standard Time)
Click on the link to apply .