- Institution: Université de Ngaoundéré – MINESUP
THE MINISTER OF HIGHER EDUCATION,
HEREBY DECIDES AS FOLLOWS:
Article 1: A competitive entrance examination for admission of thirty (30) students into Level I of the
School of Medicine and Veterinary Sciences of the University of Ngaoundere for the 2016/2017
academie year will take place on the following date and centres: 8th and 9th September, 2016 in
Ngaoundéré, Buea, Dschang, Maroua, and Yaounde.
Article 2: (1) The entrance examination is open to Cameroonians of both sexes who are holders of the
baccalauréat (series C or D), the General Certificate of Education Advanced Level in at least three
science subjects including Biology, and the GCE « 0 » Level, or any other equivalent certificate
recognised by the Ministry of Higher Education.
(2) Citizens of member countries of the Central African Economie Union (CEMAC) which
have ratified texts on national treatment of students and who are holders of equivalent qualifications
are eligible to write the entrance examination under the same conditions as their Cameroonian
(3) Cameroonian candidates and those from other countries including CEMAC member
countries who wish to not write the entrance examination, but hold a scholarship from their
Government or international organisation, may apply for direct admission which is contingent
upon the number of available places (maximum ten places) and payment of FCFA 1.000.000 (one
million)lyear as tuition fees.
Article 3: Each candidate should forward to the Students’ Records Service of ESMV, not later than
September 5th, 2016, a complete application file comprising the following documents:
l. An application form obtainable from the ESMV of the University of Ngaoundere, other six State
Universities (Inter-University Co-operation Service), Regional Delegations of Secondary
Education, the University of Dschang’s off-campus stations in Yaounde (Nkolbisson), Maroua,
Ebolowa, Bambili and Belabo and the Ngaoundere university’s antena in Yaounde (Nkolbisson)
and Bertoua. It can also be obtained from the web site of the Ministry of Higher Education: http:
2. A certified true photocopy of the GCE « A » Level certificate, « Baccalauréat » (scientific series)
or an equivalent certificate; or a certified copy of results slip;
3. Certified true photocopies of « baccalauréat » and « probatoire » transcripts or a certified photocopy
of GCE « A » and « 0 » results ;
4. A certified true photocopy ofbirth certificate (issued not more than 3 months earlier);
5. A medical certificate signed by a Government Medical Practitioner ;
6. 4 recent passport size photographs (4×4) ;
7. A receipt upon payment of FCFA fifteen thousands (15.000) as application fees. The
application fees are paid either into the bank account N° 01207980601/11 in ECOBANK, or
through, either Express Union or Express Exchange to ESMV (University of Ngaoundéré).
8. A large (A4 size) self-addressed stamped envelope (postage determined with the contents of
file) with full address of the candidate or parents.
Article 4: The application fees are non – refundable.
Article 5: Only candidates who submit complete application files shall be authorised to write the
Article 6: (1) The entrance examination shall comprise a written part and an assessment of
candidates’ previous academie records.
(2) The written examination shall comprise the following papers:
PAPER TIME COEFFICIENT
Biology 2 hours 4
Physics/Chemistry 2 hours 3
Mathematics 2 hours 3
1 General Knowledge 2 hours 2
(3) The examination syllabuses are the same as those used in the classes preparing for the
required certificates that are, the GCE « A » Level and Baccalaureate.
(1) Each paper shall be marked out of 20 points and a score below 04/20 in any of the papers
shall eliminate the candidate.
(2) Assessment of candidates’ previous academie records shall be based on the following:
– Baccalauréat and Probatoire transcripts (francophone candidates) ;
– General Certificate of Education « A » Level and « 0 » Level results ;
– The number oftimes the candidate repeated between « 0 » and « A » levels;
– The number of years after graduate the GCE « A » level.
(1) The final mark in the examination shall be calculated as follows: 80% for the written
examination and 20% for the candidate’s previous academic records.
(2) The results shall be compiled and prepared by a jury appointed by the Minister of Higher
Article 9: The Rector of the University of Ngaoundere, the Director of the University Accreditations
and Quality and the Director of the School of Veterinary Medicine and Sciences are, each in his
capacity, responsible for the implementation ofthis decision which shall be registered and published in
English and French wherever need be.