- Région: Centre
- Ville: Yaounde
- Type de contrat: CDD
- Site web: https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=501987
Offre d’emploi UNICEF : HIV/AIDS Specialist, Temporary Appointment(TA) NO-C, Yaoundé, Cameroon (Only Nationals of Cameroon)
ob Number: 501987
Location: Republic of Cameroon
Work Type : Temporary Appointment
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
3. Major duties and responsibilities:
A. Project management, workplan development, implementation and monitoring
1. Manage Projects by ensuring National operational plans are aligned with the global project activities and outputs wit measurable progress indicators
2. Closely engage with MOH and relevant technical working groups to support and develop updated POC enabling policies and guidelines to expedite registration.
3. Support evaluations and operational research (OR) for sharing performance of POC testinG
4. Support the development and implementation of strategic scale up of EID and VL diagnostics
5. Support with conventional laboratories for strengthening national diagnostic network
6. Engage with National HIV Programmes and Technical Working Groups to support in-country planning exercises and implementation activities.
7. Coordinating with Supply Division and COs to ensure POC operational demands are generated
8. Support CO focal points in managing country specific challenges for introduction and scale up of POC for early infant diagnosis (EID) and viral load monitoring (VL), and linkage to effective treatment and clinical decision making
9. Preparing timely and quality project report in line with grant commitments
B.Technical Leadership and partnership building capacity development on POC diagnostics
Working closely with the Headquarters (HQ) and Regional Office (RO) to support global normative guidance to inform programmatic decision-making in country
Convene necessary trainings and provide technical inputs to support and develop guidance and knowledge sharing on HIV laboratory technologies
Supporting the diagnostic scoping assessments
Support HQ, RO and Supply Division and to ensure POC operational demands are generated.
Facilitating and driving technical leadership on diagnostics, POC and linkage to treatment for country programme preparation and providing inputs for reviews where appropriate.
Providing guidance and feedback to HQ and RO in development of POC related funding proposal.
Creating and maintaining national partnerships and networks with key technical stakeholders to support HIV programmes, policy, advocacy and diagnostic needs
Works closely with regional WHO, CDC, CHAI, and other technical organizations to ensure quality assurance and harmonized and synergistic partners’ contributions to POC.
C. Communications and Knowledge Management
Generate evidence and the analysis of POC programming in national diagnostics strengthening, and related health systems, through documentation, annual reporting and assessment of promising practices.
Support Coordination and the effective dissemination of global promising practices nationally.
Iintroduce innovative approaches and good practice to build the capacity of partners and stakeholders and to support the POC implementation
Keep abreast, research, benchmark and implement best and cutting edge practices in HIV diagnostics and POC. Institutionalize and share best practices and knowledge learned.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
Advanced university degree (Masters) in one of the following or related: Health laboratory, biomedical sciences, Public Health. Knowledge of POC diagnostics and the HIV programming.
At least 5 years of relevant experience working in the areas of global health, HIV and /or development, laboratory diagnostics, project management or related areas. Experience managing projects and reporting to donors and demonstrable track record in country level support is essential. Experience in HIV programmes and policy matters in sub-Sahara Africa is an asset.
French (Fluent), English (working knowledge)
Duration of appointment: 11 months
Opening Date 20 Dec 2016 W. Central Africa Standard Time
Closing Date 2 Jan 2017 W. Central Africa Standard Time
Click on the link above to apply.