- Type de contrat: CDI
Job Opportunity at US Embassy : Administrative Assistant
Open To: All Interested Candidates / All Sources
The “Open To” category listed above refers to candidates who are eligible to apply for this position.
The “Open To” category should not be confused with a “hiring preference” which is explained later in
this vacancy announcement.
Position: Administrative Assistant
Opening Date: February 13, 2018
Closing Date: February 20, 2018
Work Hours: Full time, 40 hours/week
Salary: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-07
Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP-07*
*Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
Length Of Employment: NTE April 30, 2018.
All Ordinarily Resident (Or) Applicants (See Appendix A for definition)
Must Have The Required Work And/Or Residency Permits To Be
Eligible For Consideration.
The U.S. Mission in Yaounde, Cameroon is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the
position Administrative Assistant in the Management Office. This position is located in
Note: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants
who are being considered.
Basic Function of the Position
This position is half Management Assistant / half Protocol Assistant. Under the supervision
of the Management Officer, the incumbent performs a full range of administrative supports
to ensure the effective operation of the Management Section. He/She is responsible for
scheduling meetings, maintaining calendars, and organizing files. A major function of the
position is preparing Management Notices and Instructions and maintaining the library of
such communications on the Intranet. As the Protocol Assistant, he/she supports the
Ambassador, the Deputy Chief of Mission, their spouses, and, as required, other mission
officials, by providing protocol guidance and protocol liaison with the host government and
the local population.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. Education: Successful completion of at least two (2) years of university studies (Associate Degree, DEUG, BTS, or equivalent) is required.
2. Experience: Minimum five years of progressively responsible work experience as receptionist, secretary or administrative assistant in an international organization or a renowned commercial institution is required.
3. Language: Level 4 (Fluent) speaking/reading/writing English and French are required. (This will be tested.)
4. Skills And Abilities: The incumbent must have advanced computer skill; must be able to deal skillfully and tactfully with all internal and external clients, including good listening and judgment skills. He/She must be able to develop and maintain contacts with key internal and external clients of the Management Section; and must have good organizational skills. The jobholder must to able to provide guidance to visitors and customers, and rout their requests to the appropriate offices or sections. Strong interpersonal skill is essential. (Skills and abilities will be tested)
5. Job Knowledge: The jobholder must be familiar with all facets of host government and Embassy diplomatic procedures and protocol; must have good knowledge of administrative procedures and time management strategies to effectively manage job tasks and responsibilities; and must be computer literate and be able to operate in MS Office, Internet and basic data management software.
For Further Information: The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained on our website at https://cm.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/ and/or by contacting the Human Resources Office at (0237) 222-201-500 Ext. 4006.
Hiring Preference Selection Process: When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP**
* Important: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in the application
process. Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP.
Additional Selection Criteria:
1. Management may consider any of the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
2. Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
3. Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
4. The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a Locally Employed Staff security clearance.
How to Apply: Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above);
2. Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
Where to Apply:
Human Resources Office
P.O. Box 817, Tel.: 222-201-500, Ext 4006, U.S. Embassy Yaounde, Cameroon
Indicate the position title in the subject line of your email